Om Thales Norway AS
Thales is one of the largest industrial centres of expertise for the development of mission critical systems and solutions in Norway. With a history dating back 100 years, Thales in Norway now employs 220 people across three main sites.
In Norway for the defence market, the most advanced solutions delivered by industrial players have emerged from collaboration between the industry it self, the defence research establishment (FFI), and the Armed Forces.The triaxial communication lines between the various stakeholders are short and effective, allowing for the growth of a highly competitive and modern defence industry. Evolving in this environment, Thales has been able to grow within Norway to address both Norwegian and international needs. A number of developments are done through partners such as the National Security Authority (NSM), the Norwegian Armed Forces, the Norwegian Defence Research Establishment (FFI) and other Defence Industry players.
- Thales has been selected as a supplier of IP-crypto to NATO. Thales today possesses a unique and highly competent development thanks to the close and long-term cooperation with the Norwegian Armed Forces and the National SecurityAuthority (NSM).
- Thales is collaborating with the Norwegian Defence Research Establishment (FFI) and the end-user to develop the future soldier solution for Norway.
- In partnership with Kongsberg Defence & Aerospace and Vinghøg, Thales is providing innovative communication and security solutions for the Combat Vehicle 90 (CV90) upgrade programme, the Norwegian Army’s largest investment programme ever.
To grow the position as market leader within transportation and aerospace, Thales works closely with its Norwegian customers and partners. Thales cooperates with several academic institutions in Norway to support and attract future generations of engineers. The institutions include:
- Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)
- Gjøvik University College (HiG)
- University of Bergen (UiB)